Spikey00 Community Forums
Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PepsiCo puts an end to chewing by 'drinkifying' food

2 posters

Go down

PepsiCo puts an end to chewing by 'drinkifying' food Empty PepsiCo puts an end to chewing by 'drinkifying' food

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:38 pm

PepsiCo puts an end to chewing by 'drinkifying' food Lunch-thumb-550xauto-54423

eel like chewing your food is just too much work? PepsiCo knows exactly what you're going through, so they're taking all those annoying fruits that you'd otherwise have to bite into and 'drinkifying' them into semi-liquid goop. And it gets worse.

PepsiCo's new 'Tropolis' purées take real fruit, smash it to a plup, add a bunch of sugar, and package it in a squeezable pouch. Instead of calling it a beverage, they're calling it a snack, effectively putting an end to solid foods. According to PepsiCo:

"We see the emerging opportunity to 'snackify' beverages and 'drinkify' snacks as the next frontier in food and beverage convenience."

Don't get me wrong, turning fruits into liquid isn't a bad idea. I like smoothies. It just seems like the mindset that the most important quality of food be 'convenience' is at best short-sighted and at worst totally gross. PepsiCo, however, is in no way being held back by such conventional perceptions of decency and reason:

Mehmood Khan, a former Mayo Clinic endocrinologist who heads PepsiCo's nutrition group, said in an interview that it's outdated to think that snacks are dry and beverages are wet.

"Consumers don't wake up in the morning and say, 'I'm going to have a whole grain; I want a dairy product,'" Dr. Khan said. "They're looking for combinations of those things." Dr. Khan wouldn't specify what combinations might come next.

I'm a little scared to guess where PepsiCo might be going with this. Are we talking about puréed Crunchberries and milk? A purée of waffles with a maple syrup chaser? Or maybe puréed bacon and eggs? The more you use your imagination, the worse it gets. And that's just breakfast. Project this trend ahead a little and you end up with things like this:
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

PepsiCo puts an end to chewing by 'drinkifying' food Empty Re: PepsiCo puts an end to chewing by 'drinkifying' food

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:39 pm

The American lifestyle.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

PepsiCo puts an end to chewing by 'drinkifying' food Empty Re: PepsiCo puts an end to chewing by 'drinkifying' food

Post by Gov Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Some times chewing is the best part. The texture of food is just as important. The chewiness of cheese, the crunchiness of a taco. Don't steal that from me.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Why nut just run a tube down the throat?

Texture... hah, who are you, some kind of food critic? ^_^
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gov Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:52 am

I consider myself to be a bit of an epicurean in regards to food. Well as much as my small town South Albertan lifestyle will admit to me.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:53 am

I would say that's a good thing, haha. People these days are in such a rush... it's nice having the ability to find enjoyment and pleasure in doing so.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gov Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:47 pm

I despise cheap prepackaged foods. TV dinners,frozen meat pie, hell I even hate K.D. I prefer to make meals from scratch lots of good meat, good vegetables and, good spices. You know hardy man meals that fill you up like granmas ol' cookin'.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:16 pm

My my, Alex the cook eh? I love you
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gov Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Its a practical hobby.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:12 pm

I am quite sure the female specimens would be rather impressed.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gov Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Until I start referring to them as female specimens.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:17 pm

They would surely be impressed with your terminology, and your amazing cuisine skills.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down