Spikey00 Community Forums
Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grasshopper robot to pave the way for hopping cars

Go down

Grasshopper robot to pave the way for hopping cars Empty Grasshopper robot to pave the way for hopping cars

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Grasshopper robot to pave the way for hopping cars Grasshopperrobot-thumb-550xauto-47192

This little guy is a robotic grasshopper. He was created by the Tokyo Institute of Technology, and it's been dubbed the Air Hopper. It's got four wheels and four legs, allowing it to roll around, walk and jump.

Yeah, this little bot can hop as far as four feet forward and one foot high, which is certainly further and higher than you can say about most robots. With the combo of wheels and legs that it has, this looks to be a precursor to vehicles that can jump over obstacles.

And when I think of that, I imagine hopping over slow moving traffic, which would be awesome. But then when I take that thought a little bit further, I think of traffic accidents involving one car landing on top of another because of a poorly-executed hop. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure if this is a good development or a bad one.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down