Spikey00 Community Forums
Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple yet genius: redesign plug saves you from getting shocked

2 posters

Go down

Simple yet genius: redesign plug saves you from getting shocked Empty Simple yet genius: redesign plug saves you from getting shocked

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Simple yet genius: redesign plug saves you from getting shocked Safety_plug-design-thumb-550xauto-46393

When I used to work as a computer tech, I spent a lot of time pulling out and pushing in plugs. For the most part things went pretty smooth, but every now and then my fingers would touch the metal and I'd get an unpleasant shock.

If designer Luofang Jun had this idea back then, my fingers would have been saved from quite a bit of electrified discomfort. The change here is simple, but meaningful: a collapsible skirt at the end of the plug keeps your fingers off the metal prongs, and won't stop you from plugging whatever you desire in. When you pull the plug out, same thing: the curtain will unfold and keep your flesh away from the contacts.

Here's how it looks plugging in:

Simple yet genius: redesign plug saves you from getting shocked Safety_plug-design-02-thumb-330x262-46394

Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Simple yet genius: redesign plug saves you from getting shocked Empty Re: Simple yet genius: redesign plug saves you from getting shocked

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:35 pm

That actually is quite a good idea, though I hope the plastic on that tip won't break or wear too easily.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Simple yet genius: redesign plug saves you from getting shocked Empty Re: Simple yet genius: redesign plug saves you from getting shocked

Post by Gov Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Is this really such a problem to warrant this? Ive never been shocked by a plug.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Well, I've seen some spark a bit...
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down