Spikey00 Community Forums
Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan gets billboards that can recognize you, terrifyingly enough

3 posters

Go down

Japan gets billboards that can recognize you, terrifyingly enough Empty Japan gets billboards that can recognize you, terrifyingly enough

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Japan gets billboards that can recognize you, terrifyingly enough Minority-report-gap-thumb-550xauto-46099

One of the cooler pieces of future-tech shown off in the movie Minority Report were the ads that recognized people and gave them personalized messages. I mean, they were incredibly creepy, but cool in a fantasy situation. Guess what? They're becoming real.

A new vending machine in the Shinagawa train station in Tokyo has a 47-inch touchscreen and a camera on its front. When someone steps up to use it, the camera determines the person's gender and age and recommends a drink that fits their "profile."

I'm not quite sure what sodas a 21-year-old girl likes that a 34-year-old man wouldn't, or that soda preferences are gender- or age-specific, but at least it's not getting super personal, yet. But it's clear that it's not going to take long for setups like this to remember repeat customers and build a profile about them and their habits without their permission. And that's just a bit too much for me.

Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Japan gets billboards that can recognize you, terrifyingly enough Empty Re: Japan gets billboards that can recognize you, terrifyingly enough

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Lots of energy drinks for teens.
Lots of caffeine beverages to adults.
Beer for adolescents.

Of course if you're cosplay then it will probably mess up and explode, or if you're a gaijin.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Japan gets billboards that can recognize you, terrifyingly enough Empty Re: Japan gets billboards that can recognize you, terrifyingly enough

Post by Gov Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:13 pm

What is a gaijen?
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:25 pm

gaymen

I LOVE JAPAN PERIOD GIRUGAMESH AND GAYMEN
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CarefreeCat Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:42 pm

I've heard of that "girugamesh" meme before, but never really researched it.

Vending machines that recognize you? That's..actually kinda disturbing.
CarefreeCat
CarefreeCat
Wandering Soul
Wandering Soul

http://carefreecat.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:40 pm

It's a beautiful forced meme.

I honestly don't think that this idea is a good one; I wouldn't really care what primitive "category" I fit into when I want to drink or eat something from a vending machine.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down