Spikey00 Community Forums
Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rolling Stone amends Bieber's comments on abortion

Go down

Rolling Stone amends Bieber's comments on abortion Empty Rolling Stone amends Bieber's comments on abortion

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:12 pm

TORONTO — Rolling Stone magazine has amended controversial comments Justin Bieber made about abortion for a cover story due out Friday.

In the article, Bieber was asked if abortion is acceptable in cases of rape.

In initial excerpts posted on the Rolling Stone website, Bieber was quoted as saying: "Um. Well, I think that's really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I guess I haven't been in that position, so I wouldn't be able to judge that."

On Thursday, Rolling Stone said it had made an editing error that included an incomplete quote from the teen star.

On its website, the magazine said the full quote was: "Um. Well, I think that's really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I don't know how that would be a reason. I guess I haven't been in that position, so I wouldn't be able to judge that."

Rolling Stone reporter Vanessa Grigoriadis, who came under fire in some quarters for asking the teen about abortion in the first place, defended her line of questioning Thursday on Twitter.

"A 16 year old kid, to be 17 in a couple weeks, who has control over a large population should be asked all questions," she tweeted.

Grigoriadis attempted to interpret Bieber's comments in an interview with gossip site PopEater.

"I think he meant that God has a plan," she told PopEater.

"Even for the most die-hard Christian, it's hard to justify rape as part of God's plan, and harder to justify rape that leads to pregnancy and abortion. I think he was wrestling with that in his answer, which I found to be solid and logical. I think it is being widely misunderstood. He did not say that rape was part of God's plan."

The Stratford, Ont.-raised Bieber also told Rolling Stone that he'll never become a U.S. citizen because he cherishes Canada's health-care system.

He also weighed in on sex, saying he believes people should hold off until they are in love.

Bieber was shut out at Sunday's Grammy Awards, but won a Brit Award on Tuesday for international breakthrough act award.

Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Rolling Stone amends Bieber's comments on abortion Empty Re: Rolling Stone amends Bieber's comments on abortion

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:12 pm

That's a good response, really.

Interesting how the mature teens are able to respond to these questions because they have been exposed to belief systems that challenge them to consider these issues and the consequences thereby helping them be better informed and able as teens to offer an intelligent response whether or mot others agree with them. Bumping along with the crowd is not considered an intelligent learning experience nor prepares one for the potential hurdles life can throw at us. This Beiber fellow seems to have somewhat of a brain between his shoulders compared to most that age.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum