Spikey00 Community Forums
Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASA calls in designs for the airplanes of 2025

2 posters

Go down

NASA calls in designs for the airplanes of 2025 Empty NASA calls in designs for the airplanes of 2025

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 pm

NASA calls in designs for the airplanes of 2025 Lm-concept-thumb-550xauto-55385

NASA recently called on Lockheed Martin, Northrop Gurmman and Boeing to design the planes of the future, and the designs are in.

The requirements for these planes included having "to fly up to 85 percent of the speed of sound; cover a range of approximately 7,000 miles; and carry between 50,000 and 100,000 pounds of payload, either passengers or cargo." All good requirements! I would like for any flight I take to travel at 85% of the speed of sound.

NASA calls in designs for the airplanes of 2025 Main_boeing_avc_2441x1742

Apparently, these designs are supposed to be the norm in 2025, but come on, we can't get them together sooner than that?

NASA calls in designs for the airplanes of 2025 Main_ng_doublefuselage_1500x951
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

NASA calls in designs for the airplanes of 2025 Empty Re: NASA calls in designs for the airplanes of 2025

Post by Gov Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Interesting. I particularity like the idea on the last one. However the first one looks rather stupid in my opinion.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

NASA calls in designs for the airplanes of 2025 Empty Re: NASA calls in designs for the airplanes of 2025

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:37 pm

The passenger space is questionable.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gov Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

I think it could hold more. Assuming those bulbs act as individual fuselages. The only problem I can see would be trying to keep it all together and not splitting into two while scaling up.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:59 pm

Yeah... structural integrity would be questionable here.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum