Spikey00 Community Forums
Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for the 'intelligent cereal box'?

2 posters

Go down

Are you ready for the 'intelligent cereal box'? Empty Are you ready for the 'intelligent cereal box'?

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Are you ready for the 'intelligent cereal box'? Screen%20shot%202011-01-12%20at%2011.41.35%20AM-thumb-550xauto-55245

The latest and greatest in breakfast-packaging technology is the "intelligent cereal box," which "uses metallic-ink-based circuitry to animate the packaging, as well as communicate with nearby computers."

Yes, your cereal box may soon be smarter than you, able to update the expiration date and show animations while you sit there trying to wake up. It sure sounds expensive, doesn't it? But hey, it'll totally be worth it to be able to watch Count Chocula wink at you while you wait for the milk to turn brown.

Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Are you ready for the 'intelligent cereal box'? Empty Re: Are you ready for the 'intelligent cereal box'?

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:48 pm

>Uhm... I'm curious as to how much this type of useless gimic is going to raise the cost of cereal. It's already overpriced...

>Smart shoppers won't be influenced by blinking lights and will avoid the "intelligent cereal box" like the plague. Kids and some of the Dvice followers, on the other hand, will gravitate toward it which will probably be enough to offset the jack in price and insure higher sales and wider waistlines.

>What do you do with the old cereal boxes. Currently, I put my paper in recycling. Would I have to hold these for the electronics recycling events? And for people who don't go to that trouble, is there hazardous e-waste as with most electronics?

>I like technology that enhances my experience and builds my knowledge. This, however, seems like a bogus waste of money, energy, and resources.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Are you ready for the 'intelligent cereal box'? Empty Re: Are you ready for the 'intelligent cereal box'?

Post by Gov Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:25 pm

You said it man.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Hell yeah I did.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down