Spikey00 Community Forums
Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility?

2 posters

Go down

Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility? Empty Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility?

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility? Above-Below-Skyscraper-1-thumb-550xauto-49218

Matthew Fromboluti's project "Above Below" proposes building a subterranean
skyscraper in the gaping chasm that used to be the Lavender Pit Mine. At 900 feet deep and almost 300 acres wide, this hole in the desert outside of Bisbee, Arizona is apparently a great place to build a self-sustaining community. Fromboluti's design includes plans for living and working space, in addition to parks and areas for farming.

Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility? Above-Below-Skyscraper-2

Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility? Above-Below-Skyscraper-4

Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility? Above-Below-Skyscraper-5a

Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility? Empty Re: Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility?

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Well here's a good idea; turning a mine into a hospitable city, as long as it is safe.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility? Empty Re: Image of the Day: underground society in Arizona a possibility?

Post by Gov Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:31 pm

I wonder what types of psychological and physical effects this would have on people. We are not meant to live underground.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:54 pm

Ah well, I assume the air quality inside would actually be an improvement, as obviously they would siphon it all into the atmosphere. LOL

Hm, psychological consequences of subterranean living quarters? That's an interesting one for me.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gov Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:09 pm

I mean it would be horrible on claustrophobic, and never getting sunlight would probably be bad. For instance I recall this one town north of Bangladesh that has the highest precipitation in the world or something. Anyways due to cloud cover it also had the highest suicide rates in the empire.

I don't know how much truth is in that and I don't remember where I saw it.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:04 pm

Oh, I see--the sunlight issue would be a problem; however, would you happen to know if artificial lights can generate a similar effect?

Are you sure it's not due to their disposition and circumstance that they're suiciding--otherwise, surely this is interesting information to me.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum