Spikey00 Community Forums
Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empathic Civilisation

2 posters

Go down

Empathic Civilisation Empty Empathic Civilisation

Post by Gov Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:12 pm

What do you think of this spikey? Sure there are some hippy undertones by the reasoning is strong. It also explains the use of religion and theocracy, but not in a completely negative light.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Empathic Civilisation Empty Re: Empathic Civilisation

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:22 pm

I was aware of the empathetic psychology of humans but not a too great of depth, and it did not connect the different ideas that were presented as did this video, though vaguely. My belief on the role of religion (and other ideologies) is that it should unify groups of peoples and serve a purpose of psychological support, but it should not be the main idea in one's life (this leads to conflict of ideologies and life itself; consider "lifestyles" to be a more accurate description), and nor should it hinder or radicalize a current life. As they indicated in the video, a half-year old human can identify its own reflection, and through self-exploration one may attain knowledge and experience; therefore I believe it is best left to the individual to learn and implement their own ideologies, and external influences upon a child should be avoided on such matters of psychology.

On the general idea, it's absolutely correct. Humans have always shared a sociable and empathetic behavior--it only variates amongst being to being. Thus it should be utilized towards advancing our species [and our planet] since we all have the natural tendency to cooperate and succeed, and use certain psychologies to our advantage.

That was a wonderful video, and it explained the prospective
definitively in a manner that was elaborate while maintaining the ease
of understanding to the audience.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Gov Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:55 pm

I think you read too much into the religious part. It is not entirely import or menacing anymore. It was simply another step to social collectivity. Just as nationalism is. Whether it should be the main point in ones life or not is not your choice and frankly whether you like it or not does not matter. Religion helped collectivity and its being fazed out by nationalism. And hopefully nationalism will be fazed out as it seems to be just as bad by creating just as many if not more wars and misfortunes then religion.

Basically stop focusing on religion so much. Atheism is supposed to be about being enlightened not about being an opposite collectivity to theism.

So spikey if at first you say your one sided opinion then say we should use empathy to further collectivity then that is hypocritical whether you are right or not about God.

But enough about religion as I know it is an issue that you feel strongly about and I don't want an argument.
Gov
Gov
Self-Discovering Zombie
Self-Discovering Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh "Spikey00" Y. Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:23 pm

I hope you don't misunderstand my general attitude towards religion; my prospective is what you mention; the decreasing significance of religion. My main problem is not on ideology itself, but rather how it is interpreted and handled by the human brain. I'm not bothered by the subject of religion--I am a person whom minds my own business in life, and I do not usually treat people differently based on their beliefs. I only discuss about it with other people who are open-minded.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum