Spikey00 Community Forums
Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our community forums!

Our forums are for anyone who would like to share some thoughts and ideas, posting about gaming or life or anything else for all to view and reply. Currently it's a small (but faithful) community, and we encourage visitors to join us, such as yourself, if you find something you like about us.

Feel free to look around, but don't hesitate to register! This is a casual forum, and another member is always appreciated!

All the best!
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comments on the Pedigree Dog

Go down

Comments on the Pedigree Dog Empty Comments on the Pedigree Dog

I saw this documentary on CBC's Passionate Eye, and I thought this was
another parallel to genetic engineering, in which members and
participants of those dog beauty competitions would use evolution to,
ironically, create mutant dogs that inherited and incurred ailments
including disease and physical problems, all for the sake of
showcasing.

It was really quite disgusting, though it doesn't vary from typical human behavior, I nearly changed the channel during the start of the show where they explained this dog's brain was squeezed internally because their skulls were not large enough to encompass it properly, and thus, the dog was yelping in pain (and then they mentioned it was anesthetized). It demonstrated to me how ruthless and contradictory humans, as they also explained how normally we would completely revolt in having grandfather to daughter, son to daughter reproduction, and yet we continue to do so with these animals.

The head of the "Kennel Club" (or some other moron) claimed they were not damaging the species, but actually advancing it for the better. Ah, yes, genetics at its finest, and while direct genetic engineering (I don't see a different here though) with humans would have been questioned, even opposed, isn't given for a damn. It reminded me of what religions speak about, of how all creations of God have a purpose and yet I find it's laughable in this case that man is attempting to power play and accomplishing nothing of merit; instead, we are destroying human's best friend while turning the other cheek toward some beautiful, yet crippled and disgusting version of Frankenstein.
Josh
Josh "Spikey00" Y.
Administrator
Administrator

http://spikey00.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit